Motorcycle Insurance Facts
Five things you should know about motorcycle insurance
- Motorcycle insurance is not too expensive. You should be able to find plans between 30 and 60 dollars a month, but it all depends on where you live, how valuable your bike is and how old you are. Motorcycle insurance is usually two to three times cheaper than auto insurance because motorcycles are generally cheaper than cars and a motorcycle can do less damage to a car than a car can do to a fellow car is most cases. Not buying motorcycle insurance is gambling, not in the Las Vegas, fun type of gambling way, in the you are screwing yourself over by not buying insurance type of way.
- Competition amongst different insurance companies is good for you! When the internet became popular in the mid-nineties all different types of insurance rates fell. This happened because access to insurance quotes became much easier and insurance companies were forced to offer their customers fairer prices. You should get a motorcycle insurance quote from at least three different companies. Do not necessarily go with the cheapest company, go with the best value.
- Opting for a higher deductible is usually the way to go. A deductible in insurance is the fee you have to pay to use the insurance; deductibles are prevalent with almost all types of insurance, with motorcycle insurance being no exception. A high deductible will save you a ton of money over the course of a year or it could allow you to get higher quality insurance without paying more. As long as the deductible is reasonable do not automatically pick the cheapest one!
- Drive safely. You should already know this but tickets and getting into accidents will cause your insurance rates to rise in most cases, just like it makes your auto insurance cost more. The more likely a motorcyclist is to get in an accident and have to use the insurance the more your insurance will cost, it is common sense. I personally saw my car insurance almost double after my last [and only] accident last year, motorcycle insurance costs will rise in a similar fashion.
- Choosing the right insurance options will pay off. Extras such as towing and roadside repair will add on to your monthly insurance costs but may be worth it depending on your preferences. The best thing you can do is research your options and choose what is right for you. The one thing you do not want to do when buying any type of insurance is take short cuts, all of the information regarding the best motorcycle insurance plans is out there, you just have to find it!